Sunday, November 29, 2009

School Athletics Day

On Tuesday the 17th of November, our school had their annual athletics day at Growers and Turners Stadium. There were many events that people could enter in such as. Field events: High jump, long jump, discus, and shot put. In the track events there were 100m sprints, 200m, 400m, 800m, and a mammoth 1500m race. I had entered in the 100m and 200m sprints. The races were intense but enjoyable at the same time. First the 1500m races went first. The order of the race ages went like this. First the junior girls, then junior boys. Intermediate Girls after that intermediate boys. Senior girls and finally senior boys. This order happened in every track event. Next my first race came up, the 100m sprints. The juniors went first. Then my turn, i walked up to the start line with all of my heat. In my view and other peoples opinion, our group was the fastest heat. All the fast people from Intermediate boys were in this heat. The gun blew and we were off. I had come first place in that race, my time; 13.25 Seconds. I was now in the finals. My next race was the 200m Sprints. My hardest competition in that race was Caleb Krone. I was determined not to let him beat me, because he was a year 7 and if i got beaten it would be embarrassing. Luckily i came through and got first place. The 100m finals came up i won that race by diving and won the 200m finals. I was now going to zone for 100m sprints and 200m sprints.

No comments: